Combating common signs of aging has never been easier with the number of non-surgical facial rejuvenation options now available.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers, including JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Radiesse®, offer speedy reduction in fine lines and wrinkles with few side effects.
However, nearly every treatment has some risk of complications, and you should be aware of the potential concerns before determining if a cosmetic procedure is right for you.
Dr. Shehla Ebrahim our skilled physician, prioritize your safety, and can further explain the typical cosmetic injectable experience as well as answer any questions during your initial consultation.
Both BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers are administered through injections.
- As a result, the most common side effect for cosmetic injectables of all types typically will be redness, bruising, and mild swelling in the treated area, although these effects usually subside within hours.
- In very rare cases, some patients may experience some inflammation or lumpiness following injections of fillers.
- Allergy tests may be recommended for individuals who have a history of response to certain ingredients.
- Hyaluronic acid-based fillers are considered non-allergenic and don’t require testing. However, some injectables may be derived from animal sources, which could cause a reaction for some people.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is different from dermal fillers in many ways, chiefly because the solution is not intended to “fill” at all but rather act as a muscle relaxer.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a neurotoxin that can reduce movement in the muscles that often contribute to the formation of lines and wrinkles.
- Though rare, some patients may have an allergic response to this medication, and other individuals may experience some itching, dizziness, headache, or muscle weakness.
We recommend you discuss any previous history of allergic reaction prior to receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic.
If you have additional questions about the benefits and potential side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers, or if you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our physicians, please contact us today.